This is the source code for the Date Me Directory.
Contributions welcome! I am actively looking for collaborators to help manage the directory. Please reach out if you'd be interested in helping out :)
The original version of the Date Me Directory was built on Notion and published with Super.
This version of the site still uses Notion to store the data and NoteForms for the form to get your submission into Notion. I intend to cut Notion out of the equation shortly by building our own HTML form that writes data directly to my sqlite database.
- This val is the router for the application
- @stevekrouse/getDocs pulls the date me docs from my sqlite database.
- @stevekrouse/dateme_notion_sync syncs my data from Notion to my sqlite database every 10 minutes
- Fork this main val to your account.
- You'll then need a SQLite database with the right schema and profiles. Import and call these functions to do so: https://www.val.town/v/stevekrouse/dateme_sqlite.
- Make a form to send data directly to sqlite (in progress: @stevekrouse/date_me_form)
- Require an email (Tell them it'll be private)
- Filters: Gender, Interested In, Style, Location, etc
- Table: hide location, location flexibility, community, contact, last updated in more details
- Refactor Location to an array of Lat, Lon
- Geocode all the existing locations
- Add a geocoder map input to the form
- Allow selecting multiple location through the form
- Make a better landing page
- tagline: date thoughtfully
- primary action: let's find you a nerd, ask you for your location, age, gener preferences, etc
- Secondary action to learn more or make your own doc
- Profile performance & speed up site, possibly add more caching
- Let people edit their forms
- Featured profiles